What Is Eczema?
Eczema (atopic dermatitis) is characterized by itchy, red, crusty patches of skin caused by inflammation. The term ‘eczema’ is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes that are characterized by one or more of the following symptoms: redness, skin swelling, itching, dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking and oozing. The cause of eczema is unknown but is presumed to be a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
- Certain foods can trigger symptoms, such as nuts and dairy.
- Symptoms vary according to the age of the person with eczema.
- Eczema can also be triggered by environmental factors like smoke and pollen.
- Treatment focuses on alleviating symptoms and healing damaged skin.
- Eczema is not a contagious condition.
- Eczema is not a curable condition.
Eczema Clinical Trials
Currently, we are seeking individuals to participate in an eczema clinical study in Tampa, you can receive compensation up to $1,000. for your time and travel. If you know someone who may qualify, refer them to us and receive $100 when they complete the study!
Click below to sign up!